Cyclic Triaxial Device
The Geotechnical Laboratory at Virginia Tec has a LoadTrac II / FlowTrac II Cyclic Triaxial manufactured by Geocomp. The LoadTrac II / FlowTrac II Cyclic system automated test unit completely automates cyclic triaxial testing of soils. The LoadTrac II / FlowTrac II Cyclic consists of a triaxial cell to retain the sample, a load frame with computer-controlled platen for static loading, two computer-controlled flow pumps to control chamber pressure and back pressure, a high performance linear actuator servo control actuator for cyclic loading with update rates of 500 times per second, a micro-processor for accurately controlling cyclic loading, a PC to control the test and to log test data. Editing and reporting is built in to the test and control software program.
The LoadTrac II / FlowTrac II Cyclic system is menu driven. The Windows® XP, Vista, 7 based software allows users to define the conditions for running the test, logging test data and reporting results. Users can specify the values for controlling the saturation, consolidation and cyclic loading of a test.
During testing, current data and system status information is displayed. Collected data are written to a file on the system’s hard drive. The reporting software performs all required calculations and permits users a variety of options in graphing and generating test data.
- Cyclic Loading System
- High performance custom liner actuator
- 8 kW peak, low inertia servo-drive system for fast response time
- High resolution feedback system for precise and accurate control of load and speed
- 5 kN (1,000 lbs. force) continuous load at speeds in excess of 80 mm (8 in.) /sec
- Self-contained and maintenance free
- Single Phase 208 VAC/60 Hz (US) / 220 VAC/50 Hz (international)
- Type of Cyclic Loading: Load-controlled sinusoidal shape
- Cyclic Rate: Up to 10 Hz
More information about this device can be found here